Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mocha Brownies


From: Better Homes and Gardens
These moist rich chocolate bars are delicious sans frosting--simply dust with powdered sugar.
Servings: 24 brownies
Prep: 20 mins
Total: 50 mins
Ingredients
2/3 cup butter (no substitutes)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
Powdered sugar (optional)

Directions
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in cocoa powder and coffee crystals. Remove from heat. Stir in granulated sugar. Stir in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Beat lightly by hand just until combined. Stir in flour. Stir in the chopped chocolate and orange peel.
2. Spread batter in a greased 8x8x2-inch pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. If desired, sift powdered sugar over top of brownies. Cut into triangles or bars. Makes 24.
Make-Ahead Tip
Place in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature up to 1 week or freeze up to 3 months.

4 comments:

  1. Delicious recipe. My family will surely like this. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that you’re interested and fascinated in food stuffs. This is awesome mocha brownies....Thanks for sharing

    Dodge Air Conditioner Compressor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeep Grand Cherokee Turbocharger

    I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    its nice to read a useful article for beginner like me. Some of points from this article are very helpful for me as I haven’t considered them yet. I would like to say thank you for sharing this cool article. Bookmarked and sharing for friends.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Directory for USA

About

Blog Flux

Blog Directory by Blog Flux

Infolinks In Text Ads

Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory

Blog Rankings

Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings

Find the best blogs at Blogs.com.

Vote here for my blog!

My site was nominated for Best Food Blog!

Keegy

My site was nominated for Best Food Blog!
Blogs Archive
Blogs Rating
Promote Your Blog

GuiaBlog

blogarama - the blog directory

PlanetaVenezuela

http://www.blogcatalog.com/directory/food_drink/recipes/

Blog Flux

Blog Rankings

< a href='http://www.blogfolders.com/Food/' > Blog Folders Blog Directory< /a >

.

Food & Drink blogs

.